If you are looking for a hosting provider for your business, many people believe that Liquid Web's managed hosting is the best hosting plan to choose. However, there also are a few disadvantages that you should be aware of. It's important to read Liquid web managed hosting reviews to learn more about it, and a comprehensive source of information on Liquid Web's managed hosting is this review.
Many customers have had good experiences with Liquid Web. In fact, the company is trusted by 32,000 customers. Some of these customers are well-known corporations. For instance, Home Depot, National Geographic, FILA, Fed Ex, Bic, and Motorola use the services of Liquid Web. Here's everything you need to know about Liquid Web managed hosting:
Liquid Web Offers An Uptime Guarantee
Uptime is the percentage of the time that your website can be expected to be online.
Many hosting providers guarantee that your website will be up most of the time, but Liquid Web takes it a step further. If you choose Liquid Web managed hosting, the company guarantees that your website will be online 100% of the time! This is important because any amount of time that your website is offline can cause a significant loss.
Not only do they offer an uptime guarantee, but customers report that websites that are hosted by Liquid Web do not go offline. Liquid Web was evaluated for a period of 10 months by a third party. There was no downtime detected during this period of time.
The Servers Are Fast
Having a server that runs fast is important. In fact, a large portion of potential customers will leave your website if it doesn't load quickly enough. All of the dedicated servers that Liquid Web uses for managed hosting have solid state drives. Solid state drives allow these servers to run significantly faster than servers that use traditional hard drives.
There are several locations where you can find Liquid Web's hosting servers. Servers in different locations run at different speeds. You can test the speed of servers in each of their locations at any time. These are the speeds that servers in each location ran:
- US Central Region: 2.1 megabytes per second, 395 milliseconds to the first byte
- Western US: 2.1 megabytes per second, 389 seconds to the first byte
- Central European Union: 1.8 megabytes per second, 848 milliseconds to the first byte
You Can Get A Dedicated Server:
Dedicated servers allow you to access the computer that your website is hosted on. There are quite a few unique advantages of choosing a dedicated server. If you choose a dedicated server, you can be sure that other websites will not be using your server's system resources. This is especially important for people who anticipate a lot of traffic coming to their website.
You also will not be affected by problematic scripts that are running on any other websites. Furthermore, choosing a dedicated server can make your website more secure. This is because you can be sure that malware from another website will not affect your server. In addition, you can customize your dedicated server in ways that make it more secure. For instance, you can install your own antivirus program.
The ability to customize your computer is extremely important for people who have a website with special requirements. Websites on dedicated servers have their own IP address. This ensures that you will not be sharing an IP address with disreputable websites. Having your own IP address is important for anyone who needs a secure sockets layer for the processing of credit cards.
Having a dedicated server also can improve your search rankings. One reason for this is that you can be sure that you will not be sharing an IP address with websites that aren't reputable. Dedicated servers aren't as costly as purchasing your own server. This is because you don't need to purchase any equipment. Furthermore, there are several dedicated server options that you can choose from:
- The Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5: This operating system has four cores, and the processor runs at 3.4 gigahertz. The system has 16 GB of RAM. It also has two 250 GB solid state drives. Furthermore, it comes with a 1 TB SATA backup drive. If you choose this server, the bandwidth limit is 1 TB.
- Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4: This server has 6 processor cores, and the processor runs at 4 gigahertz. It also has 16 GB of RAM. There are two 250 GB solid state drives. It also has a bandwidth limit of 5 GB, and there is a 1 TB SATA drive for backup.
- Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4: The processor of this server has 16 cores! Furthermore, the processor runs at 2.1 gigahertz. This server has 32 GB of RAM. It has two 480 GB solid state drives, and it has a 1 TB SATA drive as backup. The bandwidth limit of this server is 8 TB.
- The Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5: This server has four processor cores, and the processor runs at 3.4 GHZ. It has 32 GB of RAM. It has two 500 GB solid state drives, and it comes with Hardware Raid 1. The server has a 1 TB SATA backup drive. The bandwidth limit of this server is 5 TB.
- Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4: This server has 6 processor cores, and the processor runs at 4 GHZ. It has 32 GB of RAM. The server comes with two 500 GB solid state drives as well as a 1 TB SATA backup drive. It also has hardware RAID-1. The bandwidth limit of this server is 5 TB.
- Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4: This server has 16 processor cores, and the processor runs at 2.1 GHZ. It also has 64 GB of RAM. It has two 960 GB solid state drives. In addition, it has hardware raid-1 and a 1 TB SATA backup drive. The bandwidth limit is 8 TB.
Cloud Storage Is Available
Anyone who purchases Liquid Web's managed hosting can get cloud storage added on to the package. If your website is likely to require a large amount of storage space, cloud storage might be essential for you. Cloud storage allows you to store your data outside of the server. Therefore, you can store more data than the server's capacity.
In addition, cloud storage can keep your data secure. While the servers at Liquid Web are always extremely well-protected from cyber-threats, data that is stored on the cloud is always secure from physical threats as well, such as fire or flood damage.
It's Easy To Get In Touch With Customer Service
If you have any questions, customer service representatives from the company are extremely helpful. Not only are they knowledgeable, but they are also quite personable. There are several ways to get in touch with the company. You can contact Liquid Web by telephone, email, or online chat. Customer service representatives are available 24/7. Customer service representatives are available 24/7, and you'll even have access to customer service 24 hours a day on holidays!
If you submit a help desk inquiry, the company will get back in touch with you fast. In fact, help desk inquiries are answered in 30 minutes! Many other hosting providers will keep you waiting for much longer.
If you contact customer support prior to purchasing Liquid Web managed hosting, you can expect to be given detailed informational materials. These materials will provide you with information about the company's inventory. You can be sure that the information that these materials provide is up-to-date.
Your Website Will Be Secure
While it's possible to have your website hosted on Windows servers, Linux servers are also available. Linux servers are exceptionally secure, and they are far more secure than Windows servers. In addition, the company takes steps to protect the servers from burglary.
There are technicians on site to ensure that any problems with the servers are repaired as quickly as possible. The technicians are on site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In addition, there is an electronic security system that protects the company's servers 24/7/365. If you run a healthcare business, the servers are HIPPA compliant. This has been confirmed by a third party audit.
It Isn't Cheap
While this hosting plan is more expensive than many other hosting plans, Liquid Web is quite transparent about their prices. In fact, you will not be charged hidden fees for Liquid Web managed hosting. Unlike many other hosting plans, it's possible to cancel your service at anytime.
If you want a dedicated server, it will cost you at least $199 per month. It is possible to get Cloud VPS hosting for as little as $59 per month. If you want to get a cloud-hosted website, it will cost you at least $150 a month. If you want a cloud-hosted website on a dedicated server, it will cost you at least $159 a month.