Does I Want A Teaching Job Really Work or Is it a Scam? Here is a review of Tim Wei's Program:
I Want a Teaching Job is a guide for aspiring teachers fresh out of school, and anyone else who is trying to get a teaching position. This book was written by Tim Wei, who has been a teacher for over 20 years, and has worked in two different public school districts. Tim served on many interview committees where he took part in seeking out and hiring the most qualified candidates. If there is one guy who knows what you need to do to get offered a good teaching position, it’s Tim Wei.
Good teaching jobs are hard to get these days, and there are usually a lot of candidates applying for each opening. In this type of hiring environment the burden is on the applicants to show that they are skilled, qualified candidates. Recent college graduates looking for their first teaching positions often have no idea how to navigate the application and interview processes and make the right kind of impression.
The Author’s Intention
Tim Wei wrote this book for teachers who wanted to give themselves an edge in the application process by finding out exactly what interview committees like the ones he served on are looking for. He considers his book a necessary part of the research graduates must complete to make themselves competitive in the job market.
The guide goes into great detail covering all the aspects of the application process that candidates must navigate to get hired. Teaching jobs may be a dime a dozen, but the good ones are very hard to come by, and even harder to land. Tim wants to be your guide, and to walk you through every step of the process of landing your dream teaching job.
Some of the things you will learn in the book include:
- 50 Potential Interview Questions and How You Should Answer Them
- How to Navigate the Interview Process
- How to Build a Teaching Resume that will Stand Out
- Secrets to Crafting the Perfect Cover Letter
- Samples of Exceptional Resumes, Cover Letters and Thank You Letters
- How to Use References and Letters of Recommendation to Your Advantage
- Seven Interview Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Guide to Preparing and Presenting your Teaching Portfolio
- Advice from two interviewers on what they look for in a candidate, and what they want to see in your resume, cover letter and interview.
- A case study of a teaching candidate that reveals her struggles and successes during her job hunting process.
Who is I Want a Teaching Job for?
This guide was written for teachers at the start of their careers, when they have finished college and are about to start looking for their first teaching jobs. However, the book is also a great resource for experienced teachers who may be struggling to get a new job for any of a variety of reasons. At just $19.95, it is a great value, as even college students who are about to hit the job market can afford it.